December 2 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This year, SM4 will be participating in the Santa Maria Christmas Parade of Lights on Saturday, December 2! This is an annual city-wide celebration down Broadway, attended by thousands from our community and televised by KCOY. And we’d love for you to join us!
Here are the details:
- The mile-long parade route is on Broadway, starting at Stowell and ending at the Town Center Mall.
- The parade begins at 5:20PM, but participants must be at our staging area by 4PM for final instructions!
- All participants should be dropped off at the J.C. Penney’s parking lot at Stowell and Broadway and walk west to our staging area on Stowell. (SM4 is entry #21)
- Participants may be picked up in the Town Center Mall parking lot when we’ve reached the end of the parade route (around 6:15PM).
- Most of our SM4 participants will be WALKING the mile-long parade route, handing out Christmas candy along with an invitation to join us at church this Christmas season.
- Children are encouraged to participate, but those 12-years-old and younger MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian and MUST be able to walk the full parade route. (Parents with babies and toddlers may want to use strollers or wagons.)
- The parade will be going on even in the rain (only in extreme conditions will it be called off!). So dress accordingly. And if you have a SM4 t-shirt, it would be great to wear it!