Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."
Safari Kids — Sunday, May 9, 2021
Alpha Kids Club
Beginning Tuesday, April 20, all elementary-age kids are invited to join the Safari Kids leaders on the lawn at Santa Maria Foursquare for one hour of games and learning about having faith and being a disciple of Jesus. They will meet every Tuesday from 6 to 7 pm for 8 weeks!
Plus, the elementary-age kids who are joining Alpha Kids Club are learning how important it is to get God’s word in their hearts and minds so that they can be encouraged even in difficult times. So, each Tuesday we will be memorizing a weekly slogan and a Bible verse together to earn prizes on the final week of Alpha Kids Club! And it doesn’t matter if they missed the first week! They can start memorizing now and join us this Tuesday on the lawn at SM4 from 6-7pm!
Week 3 Slogan:
Believe in Him!
Week 3 Memory Verse:
"To all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God." (John 1:12)
Rules to earn prizes for memorization:
- They must attend at least 4 out of the 8 weeks of Alpha Kids Club.
- We will only be testing memorization on the final week (June 8).
- To get a prize for the slogans they must have all 7 slogans memorized.
- Each Bible verse they have memorized will earn them a small prize.
- If they have all 7 Bible verses memorized, they will get a BIG prize!
Kids are super important to God…and to us! Our goal is to love kids the way Jesus does and to lead them — in partnership with their parents and guardians — to understand God and His Word. We believe that doing this in a safe, fun, engaging way will transform the next generations for a lifetime.
Are you following Safari Kids on Facebook and Instagram? Click below to join us there for encouragement and resources for your family!
Safari Kids is the name of our ministry for kids, birth through sixth grade. We've created an exciting environment to help this age group discover the wonder of God! We have dozens of mentors and teachers who are dedicated to serving this generation — and we'd be honored to have your kids go on safari with us!
When we're meeting on Sundays, here's what we do!
On Sunday mornings when you come into the courtyard, you'll find a registration room right below the big Safari Kids sign. When you register your kids, you'll receive a security sticker to use at the end of service.
After registering your kids:
- For kids in Nursery through Pre-K, please take them to their classrooms to drop them off with a mentor.
- For kids in Kindergarten through 6th Grade, please take them to the Gym where they'll kick off Safari Kids each Sunday morning with a "Big Camp" meeting! After that, they'll go to their classrooms with their mentors. In order to serve grade-school kids in an age-appropriate manner, we have three different classes for them: grades K-1, 2-3, and 4-6.
- After church, please bring your security sticker and pick up your child directly from their classroom.
To help ensure the safety of all children we not only use a digital check-in system, but all who work with our kids have passed a national background check and have completed a safety training program. We also use security cameras in areas where children are present.
We look forward to meeting your children and learning how we can best serve you and your family!
Questions? Contact us at the church office for more information.
Interested in getting involved?
We'd love to hear from you! Click below to leave us a message.